Tuesday, July 15, 2008



A mother's love.....

When I look at this little guy, I am amazed and overwhelmed at the love I feel for him. The feeling that I would do anything to protect him, to provide for him, to care for him is deep in my soul. Yet I am reminded of a love even greater than my own. God loves me, Hugh, and Houston, more deeply than I could ever love. He loved his son Jesus Christ just as much as I love Houston, yet He sent his son to die on the cross. That is true love. Unselfish, sacrificial, unconditional. I read in 1 Corinthians 2:9 this week a verse that has stayed on my mind-one I memorized for Bible drills in jr high, but for some reason it had special meaning this time when I read it. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.." What an awesome reminder that WE will be rewarded with treasures for simply loving someone who gave their life for us.



1 Corinthians has been an eye opener for me by showing things in my daily life that I can, and need, to apply that are practical and useful even today. "No" has been a big word around our house lately. "No, Houston. Don't get the bowls back out. Houston, no. You can't play with the pots and pans right now. Houston, mommy told you no." You get the picture. But how many times has God told us "No, don't do that. I told you no", but we give in to fleshly desires and do it any way? Maybe we feel guilty or convicted about it, maybe not. 1 Corinthians 4:4 says "My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." We may be able to justify things in our minds that we do that we know are wrong so that we feel at ease, but that doesn't make it right. I am making it a point to keep a clear conscience because I am forgiven, not because I can forget about it.





On to a lighter note, I love this picture of my little future
Mario Andretti. I thought you would all love it if I got the song
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, Zoom from the car commercial stuck in your head!!














No comments: