LESSONS LEARNED FROM HOUSTON'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY:
1. Whether you do it yourself at home or pay to have someone else do it, you will feel stressed, anxious, and that the party is controlled chaos at best.
2. You won't get to spend as much time as you would like visiting with YOUR friends (the parents of the attendees) because you are too busy making sure all the kids are happy.
3. The feeling will be bittersweet-happy that your baby is loved and is growing and learning, but sad that you are losing your baby and he is becoming a big boy.
4. Another party for him means another year older for you.
5. In the end, it is ALL worth it!
Before, nice and clean.
During "Happy Birthday". I swear he knew they were singing for him. I think I wiped a tear or two.
Lesley called me about 9:45 to see if I had relaxed any. I told her Houston was still up (which he was) and was spinning in circles in the kicthen, which was also true. He did finally come down off his sugar high and got a good night's rest.
Michelle took this black & white ones which I love. I will post some of the kiddos having fun in the next few days. Hugh, Houston and I are off to Hot Springs tonight, family birthday party for Houston Saturday, Ruby Kate's birthday party Saturday afternoon, hanging with Lesley Saturday night, church/VBS decorating Sunday-you get the picture.