Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm back, jet lagged, and in denial......
This is the last time I will say it, but California is AWESOME! I'll quickly recap the last 3 days we were there. On Friday we drove to Santa Monica to the pier. We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and kicked butt on the trivia in the restaurant. That pier is significant because Forrest runs from Greenbow, Alabama, to the end of the Santa Monica pier, stops and then runs cross country to Maine. It has an amusement park on the pier, neat shops, and good milkshakes. That night we went to Downtown Disney and ate at ESPN Zone. Another yummy meal. On Saturday we went to Costa Mesa to the swap meet (NOT flea market) and brought back some neat goodies. We ate at California Pizza Kitchen (the waitress told us she rents a 650 square foot one-room apartment for $1,350.00 per month. You're right, James. Nobody can afford it out there!). We watched the Olympics and turned in early. We got up bright and early on Sunday for the San Diego Zoo and down to the harbor. We came home Monday.
Now to the jet lag part. On Tuesday Houston and I slept until 11 and napped from 130-330. Hugh was sweet to do laundry while we napped. I still haven't recovered. My suitcase is still zipped up in the floor and so is my computer (that's why there are no pics, but it is on the to-do list.)
Now to the denial part. My fun little summer is coming to an end. I had a meeting today at work and thought it was going to kill me. I yawned all through it-I am definitely still not adjusted. Houston and I start school Monday. Thankfully he will be right down the hall from me.
Dana, thanks again. We had 1 year pictures tonight. Promise to post pics soon.

No comments: