Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike
Who would have thought that we here in Arkansas would have felt the winds from a hurricane. About 3:30 this morning, I woke Hugh up when I heard a big thud on the roof. I knew immediately it wasn't just a gumball or branch. Since we weren't getting rained on, we decided to wait until morning to inspect. We had a huge branch snap off a tree, land on the roof, and then onto the fence. Luckily, we had no damage. But we did have TONS of limbs and leaves to clean up. After church, lunch, and Houston's nap, we spent 4 hours outside cleaning up the yard. Houston was so cute to pick up little bitty sticks and bring to us to put in the big pile. Then he would eat some dirt and then run through our pile to make an even bigger mess. Even though it was hard work, we had fun being together and are thankful we had no major damage.


Too bad I don't have a picture to share of the best event of the day. Hugh fell from the top step of the porch and landed face first in the front yard. When I saw him move and realized there were no life-threatening injuries, I laughed until I cried. He said the earth moved. I just saw the handrails shake. You be the judge. I'm sure he'll be sore tomorrow.

No comments: