Monday, June 8, 2009

Spring planting
Houston loves spending time with his cousins, most often as Poppy and Nana's house-they have all the cool stuff like lawnmowers and 4-wheelers, a pool, a garden, a huge swing set, and lots of room to run and play. This was a Saturday afternoon in May when we all got together to plant flowers and the garden. Planting the garden always reminds me of my grandparents. We worked in their garden in the summers as early back as I have memories. We shucked corn, snapped green beans, hulled peas, picked strawberries, dug potatoes.....I hated it then, but love the memories now.

Houston and his BFF cousin, Barrett, riding on Poppy's lawnmower. I have a feeling these two will be trouble SOON.
This picture of dad could just as easily have been my grandpa-working hard to get the garden ready for planting. We planted everything that day-okra, squash, lettuce, green onions, cucumbers, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and corn. Yum!

Houston is planting flowers in his Nana's flower beds :)

Katie showing off her choice.....looks like poppies and daisies.

My brother showing Anna and Katie the "gardening ropes".

No comments: