Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break Update and My Baby's Growing Up
I haven't been able to post any pictures from spring break because I left my camera at Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater, OK. That's a story all by itself, but it ended well. I actually got my camera back 2 weeks later when Hugh went back through to pick it up!! But, when we were traveling with Hugh for Spring Break,we hit several stops. We went to Branson, Springfield, some little town in Kansas, and in Oklahoma we went to Stillwater and Oklahoma City. We had lots of fun and fair weather. We were on our way to the zoo on Tuesday of that week and it was pretty windy and chilly so we went to the OKC Science Museum instead. We had a blast and there was actually lots there for Houston to do.


This tunnel simulates a Category 1 hurricane with winds over 70mph. Mom and I couldn't stop laughing. Hugh took Houston in it but they didn't make it through the whole thing. Houston couldn't hang, but at least he gave it a shot.

We ended our day with a tour of a pirate shipwreck. Good times!

When I got home Saturday afternoon (4.4.09) from our women's ministry meeting, Hugh and Houston were out playing. A wave of sadness and joy rushed over me when Houston walked up to me with his first bag of rocks he had collected. It was sort of his rite of passage into toddler/boyhood and away from being a baby. It was neat watching him explore and gather his treasures stating "Waaa" each time he put a new one into his bag.

This little guy is the best! I hope he always loves to explore and learn!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

The hurrican pic cracked me up!