Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Curls
Being a first-time mom, I have been proud of each of Houston's milestones-sitting up, crawling, walking, talking. But I have to say, this is one I have dreaded. His first haircut. I know I have needed to give in for some time now, but it was sad for me to think about cutting off his beautiful curls. When we got home from school today, his hair was a complete and utter mess. Medusa was on top of his head and it could not be tamed. There is not enough lotion, baby oil, grease, spit-nothing can hold it down now. So, momma gave in to the clippers.


He honestly was such a trooper. He sat, with cookie in hand, attentively watching his daddy cut and momma cry and pick up the curls and put them in a baggie.

He "ooooohed" and "ahhhhhed" through the whole thing and didn't seem to mind a bit. The cookie was a little hairy before we were finished, but he kept right on chomping away.

It's hard to get a good idea of the finished product, but I have to say I am PLEASED, and even like it in fact. If you thought he was cute before, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

He looks like momma's little man and I still love him, curls or not. Kudos to his daddy for his barbershop skills!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

too funny. We had a hairy twix for Jake's first haircut and a hairy sucker for Luke's! I bet he does look all grown up now!

Kelly said...

Did you see the pics of Bailey's first haircut in my scrapbook? Your boy handled it MUCH better.

He's gorgeous. Can't wait to see him with his new 'do.

Lesley said...

how cute! what exactly is that white stuff in his hair? powder??

sorry i didn't call you back this evening. drama. when do I not have drama these days!

call me tomorrow when you get a chance.