Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hayless hayride, tagged, and funny story
We had a great idea of having a hayride/cookout today, but it didn't quite go as planned. Dad set out to find hay and after making 5 stops, still came up empty. My nieces, Anna and Katie, were happy to pile blankets in the trailer and go for a ride. When we got back we roasted hot dogs and "marshrellos" as they are lovingly called.
I love this picture of my two nieces-they are the sweetest and growing up way too fast. Anna is in 2nd grade and Katie is in kindergarten. They are both into riding their bikes from their house to nana's house and Katie is ready to get rid of those training wheels!
This is the cutest picture of Barrett. He would have eaten that whole bag of marshmallows if we had let him. He didn't roast them, he just liked eating them off the stick like everybody else.
Katie with a tripledecker.
Anna was the expert marshmallow blower offer when they caught on fire.
Houston got his fair share and loved them. We will never get that boy fumigated from the smell of smoke. He had a blast though.
Now, tagged. Sorry, Holly it took me so long, but here goes. 7 things about me you didn't know:
1. i sang "I'm Too Sexy" standing on a table at a chinese restaurant when i was 17 for $200.00 dollars.
2. i had a bag phone 15 years ago!
3. i ran my mom's car through the end of the carport when i was learning to drive. i was 23. just kidding. all i remember was i crushed my dad's new smoker and my brother was singing "Pour Some Sugar on Me" in the backseat.
4. i have been to England 2 times and on 4 cruises.
5. i was in the homecoming court in 5th grade.
6. when i was little i wanted to swim with dolphins for a living.
7. i threw up pepto bismol out of my nose in 3rd grade.
Now, to a funny story. Sorry this is a long post, but this is great. Mike Archer, our pastor called me one day last week to give me a message that a man named Adam had been trying to reach me. He gave me an 800 number, extension, and reference number. I was really puzzled and had NO idea why this man would be calling Mike to get to me. So, I called Adam. He told me he was a debt collector and that I had an outstanding debt to ASU for $1, 733.00. I told him there must be some mistake-I graduated 10 years ago and had paid off all my loans 6 years ago. He asked if the last four of my social was blah, blah, blah, and I said "no" it was blah, blah, blah. I told him there was another Mist Walker in Little Rock I had been confused with before. He said sorry for bothering me, he had the wrong person. The best part of the story is this: I asked him how he had found me through our preacher. He said he had done a search for me online and I was listed as the women's leader for our church, so he called the pastor to find me. That good ol' Phillip Weese does TOO good with the church website!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I would have given $200 to see that sight!

H.T. said...

I second that!

Misty said...

Too cool. $200. You're on come next women's retreat. We want a re-actment of that dance. Don't we girls?!!!